What are your biggest challenges in adulting?

I am now in the last year of my twenties and that means my journey of growing from a teenager to youngster to adult is going to complete.

When I was a kid, 30 years old sounds very grown up.
Actually 26 years old already sounds like a mature adult.




So many things happened in the past 10 years.
Besides life experience, the biggest thing I've explored is emotions.

When I was young, I see the world in a very beautiful way.
Everything can be perfect and everyone should be happy.
Why feel sorrow when you should make decision that makes you happy?
Why is it so hard to decide on something?

"Just be positive!" I always tell people this.
Be positive, believe in the best, ignore those bad things and everything will go according to what you want.

Truth is, we cannot JUST BE POSITIVE.

We have to learn how to welcome both the positive and the negative.
We have to accept that the world is not perfect and will never be perfectly fine.

The hardest skill to master as an adult is how to accept the negatives in our lives and then focus on the positive ones (aka, be grateful.)

Over the last few years, I've been let down countless times.
I struggled to cope with many incidents that I do not expect.
Especially on losing things that are important to me.
I learned how to understand greed and why human can do anything to satisfy their greed.
Responsibilities grow.
They won't get lesser.
And these responsibilities come in the form of bills, too.
You cannot just avoid and ignore them.

Adulating is not easy and the world won't make it easy for you.

So yeah, this is my biggest challenge in adulting - accepting the negative.
These are what I am still learning:
1. How to not reject or ignore these negativities.
2. How to accept them but don't allow them to overpower my emotions and thoughts.
3. Don't let these negativities define me.
4. Know what empowers me
5. How to develop a stronger sense of self.


Here's another funny photo that describes me whenever I see my cat napping.




Now my new life motto is no longer "Be Positive!"
It is
Find joy in everything I do :)

Things like
.....Be grateful that I have money to pay my bills!
.....Drink more water because it is important to stay hydrated and my skin will look better.
.....Challenge myself to fold the neatest pile of t shirts.
.....People closest to you may say the harshest words but hey, they are well alive and breathing.
.....Capsicums and celeries are gross so it is alright to pick them out of my meals. There are many alternatives to the same kind of diet.

How about you? 
What is the hardest challenge you had to overcome in the process of adulting?

To end this post, here's a cute photo of my bunnies - Gaga & Teddy.
Both of them are now in pet heaven now :)




Comments

Popular Posts